Bethany Lutheran Daycare Center is hiring for the position of Onsite Director. Bethany is a small Christian program with school-age, preschool, toddler, and infant programs. Our programs are in development and have been providing care to area families for 2 years.
As Onsite Director, time will be split between the office and in the classrooms where you will supervise and motivate teachers and staff. The ideal candidate must have a flexible and adaptable nature, is personable and enjoys fellowship events, has a good sense of humor and a willingness to learn and grow into this position. We are seeking a candidate that is available to begin in April 2018.
Job Duties include but may not be limited to:
- Interviewing and hiring new staff
- Human Resource responsibilities including overseeing vacation/sick time, etc.
- Overseeing daily activities and transportation arrangement
- Teach and review Christian-based curriculum and program plans from staff
- Assist with annual staff evaluations
- Providing training and professional development for staff
- Supervision of staff
- Assist with planning work schedules for staff
- Maintain a substitute list and arrange for substitutes when needed, or step-in to the classroom
- Address disciplinary problems
- Assist in child evaluations or parent meetings when needed
- Ensure that the physical environment of the facility is in good condition in cooperation with landlord
- Maintain a budget
- Assist in touring potential families and enrolling new children
- Establish/enforce early childhood program policies
Job Skill Requirements:
- Previous experience working with and leading youth programs.
- Minimum of one-year previous supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with licensing regulations for early childhood settings
- Knowledge of Child and Adult Care Food Program
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Highly diplomatic
- Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions
- Excellent at written and oral communication, and presentation
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
- Passionate about connecting with teachers and students
- Qualified with a degree in early childhood education or educational leadership
- Basic skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Adult and child CPR/First Aid/AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date
- To pass a required background check
- Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, work with children at their level and work indoors or outdoors.
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively.
- Education or experience in child development, child guidance, human relations, communication, or recreational programs.
- Experience teaching in a preschool and/or toddler classroom
This is a Full-Time position and hours may vary. Compensation commensurate to experience. Please call 515-338-0182 for more information, or email your resume and cover letter to moc.l1524497529iamg@152449752947fur1524497529kin1524497529.